Sunday, January 18, 2009

My First Time

My friend Becky recently bought a chair for ten dollars on craig's list. She wanted to paint and reupholster it to be the seat of honor for her sister's baby shower. We had brainstormed together, but neither one of us had attempted something like this before. Of course we waited until only days before the shower and set to work. She picked the fabric out, sanded, primed and painted the chair and the next day, I went over with my air compressed stapler and a plan for the re-upholstery. I was a bit fearful, even with my knowledge of sewing. An hour and a half later and wahlaa, a brand new chair that was the rave of the party! 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sew pretty! Last time my mom came to visit, we recovered all of my dining room chairs. I couldn't believe how easy it was!

kristi.moody.mommy.and more. said...

What a great idea! I love party planning but I have never done a seat of honor. I did re-cover my dining room chairs recently so as to cover the disgustingness that happens to cloth covered seats when youre constantly feeding 7 mouths that all belong to children 3 years and under. I used vinyl for obvious reasons but it looks cool. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration b/c Im going to be hosting a baby shower soon for a friend. good work:)