Friday, March 6, 2009

Dream Dinners

This is a picture of the event that kicked it all off. My meetup group (more about that at a later date), went for a free trial at Dream Dinners, a local dinner assembly center. I had heard of these type of places before and always thought that's for people with more money than I or people who just can't cook. Well, I was wrong! With money being tight, Dream Dinners is great for us. It keeps us from eating out from sheer laziness of not wanting to cook dinner. Also, since they buy in bulk, I get a cheaper price without having to go grocery shopping so often. 

I'm on the 12 meals a month plan. Each month I sign up for the next month's menu and schedule a date. Since my brother is living with us, it works out great. They are three servings a piece and really help with portion control. All the ingredients/meals are in zip lock bags and stored in the freezer until ready for use. At the beginning of the weak, I place three in the fridge and then we eat them when I have to work my twelve hours work days. I love it! They have a great selection and the food it tasty too! If you are interested let me know, or just visit the site and make sure you put that I referred you. Welcome to twelve no planning required meals a month.

6 comments:

kristi.moody.mommy.and more. said...

very fun! Over New Years we visited friends who use Dream Dinners and she pretty much sold me on the idea too though I have yet to try it. I however am still stuck wishing I would have come up with the business idea b/c I think it is so brilliant. She said they had been to one of the date night assemblies you can sign up for and it was a great experience complete with hor duerves and wine. Sounds like you ahve a great system using those on your 12 hour days!

The Redouteys said...

That's so ironic, Terra! I just went on Wednesday to try Dream Dinners out with my mom-in-law. They were offering a free dinner to first timers... I have yet to actually cook the dinner. The plan is to cook it tonight, but I was really excited about possibly doing that more in the future.

Terra said...

I hope you like your free meal Amber. That's exactly how I got started. With your busy schedule, I'm sure you'll find it convenient.

The Redouteys said...

The meal turned out really yummy! I cooked some couscous and broccoli with it, and it was the perfect amount! :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having a wonderful Dream Dinners experience. It is the ultimate buy in bulk and save way to have a home cooked dinner and does cost less than buying the same ingredients at a grocery store. It is also very eco friendly, so much less packaging when you buy in bulk. We actually have children on our tasting panels; it is amazing to see what kids will really eat. We put kids in a box when we only feed them "white foods". Don’t miss our new Dream Rewards program, where you will receive gifts and other specials. You can get even more ideas on my blog Take care. http://stephanieallen.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Terra, thank you! This is definitely on of three sewing sites I check regularly. Keep up the great work.